About Me

My photo
Alexandria, VA
I am a busy working mom. Professionally I am a lifecoach,nonprofit fundraiser & manager, writer and editor. Most of my career has been in the nonprofit industry. I have done a few other things here and there along the way, which contribute to my background as a coach. I have two bold and beautiful children who add tremendously to my life. In 2009 I "put out my shingle" as a lifecoach. Reaching this milestone in my life is an acknowledgment of who I am authentically, and will allow me to use my experiences and innate gifts to help others. It's an exciting time in my life. I'm sure you'll hear more about it here.

Monday, May 25, 2009

On serenity...

Today is Memorial Day - a day when we honor the fine men and women in the military who have passed on, as well as those who continue to serve. I thank God for the service that you are doing and have done for our country.

Memorial Day is also the unofficial first holiday weekend of the summer season. We find a way during this 3-4 day weekend to get together with friends and family, relax and unwind. I certainly have had the opportunity to have quality time with loved ones this holiday. I hope you have as well. One other thing I have learned to do over the years is to enjoy the gift of solitude... to be able to rest in the glory of God's creation. I wrote the piece below, "Stillness", a while back. I hope you will enjoy it. I also encourage you to find time for yourself on a regular basis. I happen to love the beach, so it's one of my sources of inspiration. What is it for you? Take the time to savor the moment... for in the blink of an eye now is gone, and later is upon us.

Peace & blessings....
Trina

Stillness

Early morning
I rise before the sun.
It’s so quiet here
In God’s creation.

I sit
On the edge
Of the beach.

No one is here.
Not yet…
No dogs barking,
No kids romping,
No joggers,
No lovers
Walking hand in hand.

Just me,
Myself,
And God.

The water laps
On the shore,
Tickling my toes.
The hem of my skirt
Is getting wet.
I don’t care.
I am so present
Living this moment.

Closing my eyes
Breathing in
The salt air.
Not thinking,
Not worrying,
Just being.

So cleansing
So peaceful
It’s rare
I drink it in.
Relishing
This moment.
I have thirsted
For such serenity.

I am silently,
Gratefully,
Enjoying
This gift
Of solitude.

Copywrite ©
TRamsey
11/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment