About Me

My photo
Alexandria, VA
I am a busy working mom. Professionally I am a lifecoach,nonprofit fundraiser & manager, writer and editor. Most of my career has been in the nonprofit industry. I have done a few other things here and there along the way, which contribute to my background as a coach. I have two bold and beautiful children who add tremendously to my life. In 2009 I "put out my shingle" as a lifecoach. Reaching this milestone in my life is an acknowledgment of who I am authentically, and will allow me to use my experiences and innate gifts to help others. It's an exciting time in my life. I'm sure you'll hear more about it here.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Metamorphosis

It’s dark inside the cocoon
But her eyes have adjusted
She has waited a lifetime
For this metamorphosis.
She is excited.

What a sense of possibility!
Can’t wait to try out her
Beautiful new wings
For the first time.
She imagines what it will feel like
To soar through the air
Feeling the power,
Using her sense of direction
And instincts to guide her.

She is exhausted.
As much as she has worked
In her former state,
She had no idea
How exhausting this
State of becoming would be!
Facing the past and
Sorting through the rubble,
She keeps the good
And thanks God for the
Experiences and lessons learned.

She knows that the past does not
Dictate the future,
And her faith in God and
Personal testimony assure her
That whatever lay ahead,
God is with her, no matter where
The new wings carry her.

She faces her fear.
Sometimes her doubts arise…
What are you doing girl?
You are not a butterfly, but a caterpillar.
So come on back here and squirm
Around with the rest of us!
What if your wings don’t work?
What if you fall?
What if they turn out not to be
As beautiful as you expected?

Recalling the amazing stories of
The giants that came before her,
She claims their stories as her
Future possibility.

She smiles as she
Gets back to work
Calling those things that be not into being
Through God’s grace
And her innate power
And determination

TRamsey
© May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment