About Me

My photo
Alexandria, VA
I am a busy working mom. Professionally I am a lifecoach,nonprofit fundraiser & manager, writer and editor. Most of my career has been in the nonprofit industry. I have done a few other things here and there along the way, which contribute to my background as a coach. I have two bold and beautiful children who add tremendously to my life. In 2009 I "put out my shingle" as a lifecoach. Reaching this milestone in my life is an acknowledgment of who I am authentically, and will allow me to use my experiences and innate gifts to help others. It's an exciting time in my life. I'm sure you'll hear more about it here.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

GRATITUDE

Have you ever wanted something so badly you could literally TASTE it? You put all your energy into the pursuit of your goal, to the point that it becomes all-consuming. Focus is a good thing, right? I think that's true - for the most part. Sometimes, though, it is possible to be so focused on that thing that you want that it breeds disdain and dissatisfaction or your current situation. And THAT, my friends, is NOT good. It can keep us from enjoying the simple things about life, and from counting our blessings.

What's your attitude towards change? Some people avoid it at all cost, and others enjoy the excitement of something new. I am the type of person that embraces change - almost too much. The new, "shiny" exciting things tend to attract me much more than the day-to-day routine. In my case, I can allow the pursuit of the new to overshadow what can keep me happy and grounded in my current life. I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy what IS. Right now. Sometimes when we are facing challenges, it's hard to see the blessings that we sometimes take for granted. By writing this, I am intentionally tapping into gratitude as an anchoring point for my life.

How about you? What are you perhaps taking for granted? Here's my challenge to you today: Make a list of 5 things that you are grateful for. No matter how big or small. Looking outside, one of the things I'm grateful for is the sunny day. The onset of spring is always rejuvenating to me! I am also grateful for having some close friends that I can share my life with - along with my family. I am grateful that my kids help me stay in touch with my silly side - I literally had a "laugh til you cry" moment the other night - I needed it!

Friends, I encourage you to embrace life - even more fully than you already do. And start by cultivating your appreciation for the gift that is inherent to our time here on earth. If you are having trouble finding something to appreciate - DIG DEEPER. You'll be glad you did.

Peace & blessings,

Trina

3/17/11

No comments:

Post a Comment