About Me

My photo
Alexandria, VA
I am a busy working mom. Professionally I am a lifecoach,nonprofit fundraiser & manager, writer and editor. Most of my career has been in the nonprofit industry. I have done a few other things here and there along the way, which contribute to my background as a coach. I have two bold and beautiful children who add tremendously to my life. In 2009 I "put out my shingle" as a lifecoach. Reaching this milestone in my life is an acknowledgment of who I am authentically, and will allow me to use my experiences and innate gifts to help others. It's an exciting time in my life. I'm sure you'll hear more about it here.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Life comes at you fast...

This phrase was made famous by Nationwide Insurance. Doesn't it feel that way sometimes? Our world has become a 24/7 instant acccess, always-on society. There are so many things that compete for our time and energy. Have you ever ended a day literally out of breath? It's almost as if you end up holding your breath or something.

In this hectic pace, what do you do to slow it down a bit? Here are a few tips:

1. Breathe. Literally. Take 3 deep cleansing breaths - deep into your lungs. Oxygen is a life force and vital to our health and vitality. Deep breathing can detoxify your body, relieve tension, strengthens your heart and improves your immune system, among other benefits. Read more here:
http://www.onepowerfulword.com/2010/10/18-benefits-of-deep-breathing-and-how.html

2. Build some "me time" into your schedule. What? You say you have no time for that? I say, YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO. It is vital to spend some time taking care of yourself - even if it's 30 minutes here or there. Sometimes something as simple as a walk in the park (without your iPod), a talk with an old friend, or a bubble bath can do wonders to restore your equilibrium.

3. Spend time with people you love. It can be easy to yield to the demands of our lives... such as work and other commitments. Sometimes the people we are closest to pay the price for our overloaded schedules. We can look up and our relationships have suffered - when really they are what should matter the most.

I know it sometimes can feel that you don't have options, that you are constantly in "I have to" mode. But YOU are in control of your life. Sometimes we have less flexibility than others, but there are always options. You CAN afford to make yourself a priority in the midst of it all. Try it. You will not regret it.

Peace and blessings, Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment